Are You An Experienced Pub Or A Table Service Restaurant Assistant or Deputy Manager?
Day to day pub management and deputising for the Manager To lead, motivate and train the team Management of the day to day shifts including service as well as any booking enquiries…
Joining the Builder’s Arms, New Barnet as an Assistant Manager is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career and become GM.
The role of Assistant Manager is key within our business so we need someone that can bring bundles of energy and enthusiasm to the table, providing first class operational support General Manager, deputising in their absence and assisting the successful running of our pub.
You’ll need to be flexible, and able to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
We are looking for a person that is hands on, passionate about pubs and has experience in running a small / medium sized pub business and honest.
We want to see individuals who love to talk, laugh and be proud of their work. Hospitality is a way of life and not just a job. Fun, friendly and personable.
We’re a local pub in close proximity (3 min walk) to New Barnet station so you’ll need to be able to deal with busy rushes when there’s events on, but then build on the reputation as a friendly local throughout the week with a great food offering. The ideal candidate will :
– Have at least 3 years’ experience managing a medium sized hospitality venue.
– Have a thorough knowledge of draught beer, wine and spirits.
– Be able to meet targets in regards to Sales, GP’s, Labour, Profit.
– Be able to build and maintain a solid team.
– Be comfortable with Microsoft Office, including word and excel.
– Must have a personal licence and licensing law knowledge.
– Experience of cellar management.
– Knowledge of Health and safety and Food Safety
– Experience of kitchen and food service.
– Experienced with stock control and understanding of P&L
– Essential experience in controlling, developing and improving all aspects of the business including :P&L, people, standards, legal compliance, service,
– Social Media experience, craft beer knowledge an advantage.
– Knowledge in Licencing
We are looking for an immediate start.
Personality is key: you must love hospitality and enjoy customer interaction and working in a busy fast paced environment, highly organized, the ability to inspire and motivate and lead a team whilst keeping the customers happy. The pub has a great local reputation.
We will shape the role around the individual, but key responsibilities include:
- Creation of all staff rotas • Opening & closing and cash-ups • Stock control • Cleaning • HR issues
About you: Previous experience as a Manager within a pub business, with a strong working knowledge of delivering excellent customer service, adaptable and able to find new successful ways of working in these current times. Hands on and great with customers. Must have a strong and customer focused personality with the confidence to play a central role in the operation reporting directly to the Owner. Be able to use their initiative confidently and manage the operation effectively; clear communication, good organisational skills, manage the team and work on your own initiative, calm under pressure.
You will need to have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role, along with all the necessary supporting documents.
Salary: will be negotiate
P.S. Please DO NOT SENT CV Apply only in person every day from Monday -Sunday 18:00 till 22:00.